ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Apollo / Ben Hur

Can you post a picture of the box?

@efsk bought it. It's a slant, what did you expect? The slant master will live it be? Of course not. :)
Yep. I can honestly say I was thinking of efsk (Richard) when I saw that Palmera branded "Ben Hur/Apollo" slant. So good call on your part Walid!

Yep. I can honestly say I was thinking of efsk (Richard) when I saw that Palmera branded "Ben Hur/Apollo" slant. So good call on your part Walid!
The Palmera is not like the here shown Apollo/Ben Hur. It is actually a Walbusch B3. The head is tilted only, not torqued like the Apollo.
But yes, I bought it :)

The Palmera is not like the here shown Apollo/Ben Hur. It is actually a Walbusch B3. The head is tilted only, not torqued like the Apollo.
But yes, I bought it :)
Great! Tilted? Torqued? A picture (or two) is worth a thousand words! Congrats by the way (looks like no one's surprised the Palmera ended up with you).

Here's my only Ben-Hur. It was part of a large lot I picked up a couple of years ago.
20240323_093123.jpg
20240323_093040.jpg

A pleasant discovery

I was searching for a old straight razor that I knew was lying somewhere in my house and I found this Ben Hur open comb lying in bathroom cabinet. It was just lying there since decades completely overlooked as to its origins. It's been about five years since I've into wet shaving with DE razors but was totally unaware of its existence.
Oh, and I found the straight razor too

A three-piece razor with a bakelite handle. There was no box or case unfortunately.View attachment 31792View attachment 31793View attachment 31794View attachment 31795View attachment 31796View attachment 31797View attachment 31798
I like how this Ben Hur OC performs. Are there any similar razors available? Would the Merkur 15 C be comparable to this? I'm looking to buy one and wanted a few recommendations.

Back