ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Flexo

Walid

Brand: Flexo razor Co
Model: Flexo
Blades: Double blade
Weight Handle: 39g
Weight Cap
: 8.1g
Weight
total: 47.1g
Box
: Cardboard rigid
Origin: USA
City
: Ohio
Manufacturer: Unknown/Flexo corp
Year manufactured: Circa 1930 (1933 filed patent, approved 1936)

This razor has a spring inside that allows vertical movement of the head. No matter what they say, it doesn't contour your face when shaving. The hea head can only move up and down.

The last two pictures show the compression levels. the cap has a unique pyramidal shape which helps in guiding you when shaving.

I haven't tested it yet (will do in a few hours)

cap.jpg

20240202_205753 Large.jpeg
20240202_205626 Large.jpeg
20240202_205734 Large.jpeg
20240202_205708 Large.jpeg

That top cap sure is a strange design but I’m thinking it might actually help by stretching the skin a little more?? Or I could be totally wrong too lol :nein1

@justremps The cap is found on more razors. I'll dig through my drawers and make pics of at least one more. It forces you, riding the cap, to shave with the Gillette slide.
This is a cool and weird razor Walid. Congrats.

@efsk Indeed. The single edge version seems to be even weirder. It's sitting with our friend in France waiting to be shipped.

This is the best thing about being on here… all the cool stuff I get to see and have learned just so so much!!

@justremps The cap is found on more razors. I'll dig through my drawers and make pics of at least one more. It forces you, riding the cap, to shave with the Gillette slide.
This is a cool and weird razor Walid. Congrats.
Hey Richard.

Here's a razor with a very similar cap to Walid's Flexo: The bakelite American made Slant Stroke.

Not the finest shaver in my bunch if I recall correctly:

Slant Stroke Bakelite Safety Razor, 19g, USA 1.JPG
Slant Stroke Bakelite Safety Razor, 19g, USA 4.JPG
Slant Stroke Bakelite Safety Razor, 19g, USA 5.JPG
Slant Stroke Bakelite Safety Razor, 19g, USA 6.JPG

That was just the razor I was thinking about. The only slant in my collection that isn't a slant. The name however shows what the cap is shaped like that for.

Back