ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello from North Cackalacky

Jayaruh

Seventy-five years old and returned to wet shaving in 2011. Started down the rabbit hole. I'm retired and shave with DE, SE, Injectors, and straights. I quit cartridges altogether. I found this site when googling about the Yaqi Katana SE razor. I got the chrome Yaqi SE head and have been shaving with it this week. I enjoy all things shaving. Oh, yes. I started making shaving brushes back in 2014. I am up to 441. I'll shut up now and take a look around.

Attachments

• yaqi shade12.JPG
    yaqi shade12.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 21
Welcome. Please show/tell us more about your homemade brushes!
Thank you. I made my first three handles from wood I had from a wild cherry tree that had been removed from my back yard. I used my table saw, a drum sander on a drill, and a drimmel to make them. I made my first 98 brush handles without the aid of a lathe. The, the gentleman that bought my house in 2013 gifted me his old lathe when he upgraded. From then on most of my handles were made with the use of the lathe. I still make some the old way from time to time. Most of them have been adopted out. I have owners in the USA, UK, Canadia, Denmark, Germany, Japan, Philippines, South Korea, New Zealand, Portugal, India, Italy, China, Albania, Australia, South Africa, Ukraine, and Texas. I have slowed down and only make brushes on request or when I get an itch. Here is the page on my shaving blog where I list all the brushes and their stats.
1682686121309.png

I used my Jayaruh #424 for today's shave.

And I thought you were on all the shaving forums at one time or another, welcome JR.
Good to see you here Toby. I only post on TSD and TOST3. I am on Straight Razor Place and Badger and Blade, but I rarely look at them any more. TOST3 is down to about 5 active members. I enjoy a no drama forum. I do post on a couple of Facebook shaving sites.

Welcome Jim!
If you don't know about Jim - he makes the best brushes ever.
I have 5 of them I believe and one of them (31mm synthetic - JR 305) is the one I use 99% of the time.
Nice to see you here my friend.

Back