ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello from Colorado

Rebel

Greetings. I’ve been wet shaving properly for about 9 months. I’m 63 years old. I’ve tried double edge razors 2-3 times through the years, but never got a comfortable shave with them, probably because I just slapped the lather on from the can and got the cheapest blades at the local grocery store. So I have mostly shaved with multi blade disposable razors throughout my life. My first razor 9 months ago was the Rockwell 2c. Of course the Rockwell came with Rockwell blades and the store I bought it from sold Rockwell shaving soap, I got a cheap Omega bore brush and cheap bowl from Amazon. I finally got a very comfortable shave!
The only thing I didn’t like about the 2c was the pretty large head. It makes trimming around my nose area a little difficult. Then I start seeing ads for the Henson aluminum razor, sleek, narrow head, cool! Just what I’m looking for!
Along with the Henson, I now have about 20 razors including vintage Gillettes and many modern razors as well.
I think my razor buying will slow for the time being, I have a handful of razors I would be happy with, if it were my only one. I’m still looking for the go to soap and after shave. I’ve found buying samples is the way to go with soaps and blades until I find the ones I like.
IMG_0148.jpeg

Greetings. I’ve been wet shaving properly for about 9 months. I’m 63 years old. I’ve tried double edge razors 2-3 times through the years, but never got a comfortable shave with them, probably because I just slapped the lather on from the can and got the cheapest blades at the local grocery store. So I have mostly shaved with multi blade disposable razors throughout my life. My first razor 9 months ago was the Rockwell 2c. Of course the Rockwell came with Rockwell blades and the store I bought it from sold Rockwell shaving soap, I got a cheap Omega bore brush and cheap bowl from Amazon. I finally got a very comfortable shave!
The only thing I didn’t like about the 2c was the pretty large head. It makes trimming around my nose area a little difficult. Then I start seeing ads for the Henson aluminum razor, sleek, narrow head, cool! Just what I’m looking for!
Along with the Henson, I now have about 20 razors including vintage Gillettes and many modern razors as well.
I think my razor buying will slow for the time being, I have a handful of razors I would be happy with, if it were my only one. I’m still looking for the go to soap and after shave. I’ve found buying samples is the way to go with soaps and blades until I find the ones I like.
View attachment 35861
I ise
View attachment 35861
I use a Merker

Back