ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Looking for pinning stock

Geordon

I've been around the block a couple of times looking for round stock that I can use to pin restored razors, and I'm hoping that someone here has an idea of where I can find some 1/16" nickel silver to use. I was able to find brass easily enough as fine brazing rod in the welding aisle, of all things. Nickel silver is harder to find, and the only place that I've been able to find it in this size is Texas Knifemakers Supply for a lot more (relatively) than I'm paying for the brass.

While there are a few other things that I would be interested in picking up at the store I mentioned, their prices are higher than anywhere else online, so I'm hoping that someone has another vendor that they can suggest for me to look at.

Don't know where you live, and don't know where they deliver, but:

I've been around the block a couple of times looking for round stock that I can use to pin restored razors, and I'm hoping that someone here has an idea of where I can find some 1/16" nickel silver to use. I was able to find brass easily enough as fine brazing rod in the welding aisle, of all things. Nickel silver is harder to find, and the only place that I've been able to find it in this size is Texas Knifemakers Supply for a lot more (relatively) than I'm paying for the brass.

While there are a few other things that I would be interested in picking up at the store I mentioned, their prices are higher than anywhere else online, so I'm hoping that someone has another vendor that they can suggest for me to look at.
Maggards in Adrian, Michigan has Nickle-silver 1/16 rods for $2.50.

Back