ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Rotbart (Mond-Extra) Roth Bücher GmbH

DSC_0200.jpeg
This is one that I haven’t seen anywhere else. Thought you should have a record.
DSC_0230.jpeg
DSC_0235.jpeg

That’s a beauty and one I’d never seen. Can you share where you found it? Thanks for sharing the images.

Can’t remember, it was over 15 years ago. I was trying to find the details about it recently and couldn’t find anything. Thought I should post it here so at least there’s some record for others.

Hi Ken, I’m glad you’re happy with it. It’s good that it is going to be used rather than lying in a cupboard for years. Since I was taking pictures I thought I would post them here for others. I found this forum very helpful for getting information on all the esoteric European razors I have. Enjoy the razor. Arun

View attachment 32095This is one that I haven’t seen anywhere else. Thought you should have a record.View attachment 32096View attachment 32097
Arun, here are some more photos of your rare razor (thanks!), as promised. As you can see I had it re-plated, changing it from a slightly degraded chrome finish to nickel. I did have to think pretty hard whether this was the right decision. Anyway, I hope I didn't wreck it.

Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 1.JPG
Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 2.JPG
Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 3.JPG
Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 4.JPG
Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 7.JPG
Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 8.JPG
Rotbart Open Comb %22Old Type%22 Razor, 71g, Germany 10.JPG

Another Rotbart unicorn found
My information regarding this razor comes from Gillette enthusiast Northstonehill. He put photos of this razor up a while ago and deemed it the "Pineapple" (not sure which website offhand). Perhaps there's earlier references to this particular razor somewhere else as well but that was my introduction to this one.

Peter/Northstonehill was the first to show one that I've seen. A German collector also has one. That makes this number three. Nice catch @Vijatovsrdjan

Yes, I saw that too, that's how I found out that it's my third but that's it, I haven't been able to find anything else except that they called it Easter on a German forum, otherwise it's fantastic and very efficient and smooth

Welcome Vijatovsrdjan. You're saying the Germans call our "Pineapple" razor: the "Easter" razor? As in.... those designs on the razor are eggs? I love it!

I love Schrödingers Razors and am happy to have been able to add #3 to the collection.
Rotbart 4S for the Swedish market. Never been unpacked further than on these pics.
DSC07316.JPG
DSC07317.JPG
DSC07319.JPG
DSC07321.JPG
DSC07322.JPG

Back