ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Swing

Last but not least:

The same as the one EFSK started the thread, but with closed comb. The bottom plate of this one is also different from the others, it has a thicker middle part.
Interesting, so Swing had a version of a Raised Flat Bottom also. Well in this case it would be more like a version of a Round Pin Hybrid Tech (which doesn't exist).:daumenhoch

A beautiful Swing I found in an even more beautiful round case. Bakelite-handled OC, where case and handle are in darkbrown bakelite with gold flecks. Never seen something like that before, very pretty.
First pics on white paper background, hoping that shows the coloration better. Last pic next to its CC brother shown earlier in this thread.
DSC04216.JPG
DSC04217.JPG
DSC04218.JPG
DSC04219.JPG
DSC04220.JPG
DSC04221.JPG
DSC04222.JPG
DSC04223.JPG
DSC04224.JPG

Beautiful white travelcase. Round, as is almost to be expected with Swing. handle is two-part silver, hed is something I never saw before: white coated. Baseplate has some plating issues due to age, this razor has never been used. Three Swing blades, still wrapped in cellophane, handle parts need a lot of force to fit together, I decided to not apply that for the pice.
DSC04730.JPG
DSC04731.JPG
DSC04733.JPG
DSC04734.JPG
DSC04735.JPG
DSC04736.JPG
DSC04737.JPG
DSC04738.JPG
DSC04739.JPG

The Swing Popular appers to be the same bakelite handled Swing shown more often in this thread, except in different shipper:
DSC04843.JPG
DSC04845.JPG
DSC04846.JPG
DSC04847.JPG

And yet another of the round boxes. This one with OC, bakelite handle. Some chips of the bakelite in the case, outside is intact. Interesting how basic the lid is, with just the text Swing. Base is nice too, where the area the blades are supposed to go is actually visible from below.
DSC04848.JPG
DSC04849.JPG
DSC04850.JPG
DSC04851.JPG
DSC04852.JPG
DSC04853.JPG

Now the different types together: simple Swing lid, Swing in bladeshaped rectangle lid, Swing in circle and made in Sweden lid, and because Peter likes it so much the little white one.
DSC04854.JPG

How do these razors shave? You guys are making me curious. Are they mild, aggressive? I might have to hunt for one. Few Matdors are for sale on Tradera, but the prices are already too high...

Reactions: ehv
How do these razors shave? You guys are making me curious. Are they mild, aggressive? I might have to hunt for one. Few Matdors are for sale on Tradera, but the prices are already too high...
I consider the Swing SB to be one of the best shaver around. It is slightly on the aggressive side, but extremely efficient. I am not as impressed with the OC version which is a little rougher of a shave. Everyone should have one (or in the case of @efsk, at least a dozen). :daumenhoch

I consider the Swing SB to be one of the best shaver around. It is slightly on the aggressive side, but extremely efficient. I am not as impressed with the OC version which is a little rougher of a shave. Everyone should have one (or in the case of @efsk, at least a dozen). :daumenhoch
I wonder if he will be willing to part with one?! :D

Nice Swing set. The clasp is a bit damaged, and I'm pretty sure the mirror is not original.
I absolutely love the "bowling pin" handle :)
DSC05388.JPG
DSC05389.JPG
DSC05390.JPG
DSC05391.JPG
DSC05392.JPG
DSC05393.JPG
DSC05394.JPG

Back